This website is your window into St Paul’s Walden Primary School in the village of Whitwell.
Our school has four classes for children from Reception to Year 6. (St Paul's Walden Nursery is just next door, and takes children from 2 years old to school age) As well as the four classrooms for the Oaks, Silver Birches, Rowans and Willows classes, we have a learning Hub housing the library, a children’s kitchen and a large hall which is used for assemblies, music lessons, school lunches and our Breakfast and After School clubs.
We know that we are very lucky that our school is surrounded by its extensive grounds, with a large field, a football pitch, a willow tunnel and a wildlife pond. Our very supportive local community means that we have a fantastic spider sculpture keeping an eye on our Growing Together Garden, where the children learn to grow and enjoy fresh fruit and vegetables.
Latest St Paul's Walden Events Events
- Rowan's Class Assembly19Sep2019
2:45 am - 3:15 am
We hope you enjoy the assembly and the cake sale after school!
- School Photographs27Sep2019
All the children will be having individual photos today.
- Macmillan Cancer Coffee Morning28Sep2019
10:00 am - 12:00 pm @ The Village Hall
- Working Party Day05Oct2019
9:15 am - 3:00 pm
We hope that you will come and join us! We will be enhancing our school grounds with your help. We will supply the hot dogs!
- It's back! The ever-popular PTA Quiz Night - Saturday 5th October - bar opens at 7pm. Ticket application form via the PTA page
- Sunday 29th September 1 - 4pm
- Tell us what you think
- Can you spare a little time on Saturday 5th October - refreshments provided!