Wellbeing - support for all of us
At St Paul's Walden Primary School, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of our pupils, staff and community. We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
At our school we:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident and ‘dare to be different’
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
Parents and carers.
Parents or carers should approach their child/children’s class teacher if they have any mental health concerns. This will be cascaded to the Mental Health Leader for assessment. In addition to offering support within school, we may also discuss with you additional support mechanisms available to you from the following agencies:
- School Nursing Service www.healthforkids.co.uk (Interactive website for children and parents)
- CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service)
- School Family Support Worker
The links and information in this page will provide support for you, your child and people in the wider community.
Hertfordshire's Termly Online Safety News
Foodbank support in our area
Covid-19 Support and information, including information on how to talk to your children about coronavirus.
General Wellbeing and Parenting
Emotional and mental health wellbeing
Children in care
Wellbeing support for school staff